Total Pageviews

Saturday 12 October 2013

The Bridge Page 18

Page 18

     Flint floated just below the threshhold of consciousness and felt hands tending his wounds. Then a voice, young and excited said loudly, "Doctor come here quickly." He opened his eyes and saw the young officer carrying the limp body of Birch. "Hurry, he's alive but very weak." As the doctor got up from his side, tears welled up in Flint's eyes.

                                                             Chapter 7

    "I'll be back for you in about an hour,"  the officer said as he helped Flint out of the trap.  Then he added, North's funeral must have exhausted you. You should be resting, no sick visiting."
"I'll be fine sir, really I will. Please don't bother to come back for me. I'll find my way back to camp."
"If you are really sure."
"Yes Sir, I'd like to be alone with my thoughts for a little while."
"Very well sergeant, but please don't overdo it."
"I won't Sir, goodbye."
As the horse and trap clip-clopped away, Flint resplendent in his dress uniform walked slowly, leaning heavily on his stick, through the dappled shade of the Jacaranda trees towards towards the beautiful white, high gabled building that now served as a military hospital. The black armband on his left arm was in stark contrast to the pale khaki of his uniform and the matching sling. He passed into the cool interior and a nurse rustled forward to meet him. "The lad is drowsy and very weak sergeant," she said as she led him along a corridor. "I'm afraid I can only leave you with him for a minute or two."
"I understand Sister," Flint whispered as the nurse quietly opened a door and stood aside for him to enter.

     As Flint clumped across the polished wooden floor towards the bed, Birch opened his eyes and smiled. He was deathly pale and his blue eyes looked huge in his pinched face. Flint felt a tightening
around his heart and, clearing his throat said softly, "How are you lad."
"I've felt better Sarge but they say I shall be able to go home on the hospital ship leaving tomorrow. How about you? I hear you were pretty bashed up when they found you."
"Oh I'm staying on. The bullet is my broken shoulder came out cleanly and my ribs and shin bone should mend, given time. My sprains and bruises are getting better already. But..I..I'm going to miss you." For a moment Birch did not reply but lowered his eyes to look at Flint's thick shaft, clearly discernible under the freshly pressed khaki. Softly he said, "Come closer Sarg." Flint stepped nearer.
"Closer." Flint moved forward until his groin was only an inch or so from Birch's face. Lifting his head, the trooper gently ran his mouth along the length of the hardening cock. Then his lips encircled the huge glans and for a few moments he savoured the taste and smell of this virile man, before his head dropped back onto the pillows. His eyes slowly closed as he murmured, "Goodbye Sarge, I'll never forget you."
"Goodbye lad," Flint replied and saw that Birch had fallen asleep. As he gazed down at the sleeping trooper, his cock throbbing and thrusting against the tight khaki serge, the realization came to him that he loved the young man. Tears pricked his eyes as le leaned forward to kiss the cropped head and he felt the tangle of emotions within him begin to unravel. He knew that the feelings of shame and guilt would nag him no more. Straightening up, he glanced down at himself and chuckled. There was
a very conspicuous dark disc of moisture on the pale khaki, where his jutting glans pressed against it. My God, he thought, I need a man, a blond man. He took one last look at the sleeping trooper and made his way out of the hospital into the bright sunlit courtyard.

     Moving as briskly as his injured leg would allow, he passed the tubs of vivid blue African Lillies, the gravel crunching under his gleaming riding boots, and saw the soldier guarding the arched entrance. He noted the sturdy wide-spread legs and the more than adequate bulge between them. The brim of the sentry's topi was pulled down over his nose, shading his eyes but Flint knew that from the angle of his head, the soldier was looking at his groin. As he drew nearer, the topi'd head tilted up to meet his gaze and Flint surprised himself by winking. The sentry's face broke into a broad lop-sided grin, his even teeth looking very white under his blond moustache.

                                                              The End

No comments:

Post a Comment